Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thing 17.2: Harvesting the Bounty!

Wow, there is lots of great stuff here! I hope that some of you were able to calm your pre-election fears with the statistical analysis available at 538.com (I see that at least one person did - fantastic!)

My personal fav among these was the "FreeLanguage" posted by Olga. I used it to take the 10 one-minute language lessons (more like 3 minutes each) in Russian, and brush up on my old college-level Russian. I even learned a thing or two. It was easy and fun (I love that Russian is being taught by a woman with a Scottish accent). And the great thing is that you can do it with any number of other languages, and learn the basics ("Hello", "Goodbye", etc) in a number of different tongues.

I can definately see how that would help in putting an English-challenged patron at ease when they approached me for a reference question. Spaceeba, Olga!

No comments: