Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thing 22: ...and this is my boy Sherman

I love the wayback machine. First of all, anything that references a cartoon I regularly watched in my youth is cool. Secondly, I have used it many times to discover stuff I remember but can no longer find on the web. However, I confess that I have not spent alot of time examining its other features before today.

So, here's the URL for the first site for Olin College. Olin was only established in 1997 and opened its doors to students in 2001, so I am not surprised the first instance of a website was in July 2000. That is probably just when they were starting to recruit students (notice the picture is a model of a campus - not a campus).

I will definitely spend some more time playing in the music and video collections. Here's a link to a 1986 performance by Camper van Beethoven - the precursor to Cracker. At about the same time as this clip I saw them open an R.E.M. concert in Pittsburgh, so for me this is like taking a journey with Sherman and Mr. Peabody in the Wayback Machine!

1 comment:

Clayton said...

yeah - take the skin heads bowling!