Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thing 12: Can you hear me now?

Ah, back at last! I've been really busy lately car shopping, after my wife was in an accident last week and our car was totaled. She is alright and our 2-year-old was in day-care, so the important stuff is covered.

Now on to Thing 12 - podcasting. I am really enjoying surfing the sites Jennifer gave to us in this thing's description. As is always the case, I had no idea there was so much available to us. For example, my pick is "The Buddhist Geeks", one of the "Buddhism" picks under "Religion", a subset of Podcast.com. I specifically recommend show #87: "Does the Web have a Buddha-nature?".

I am impressed by the range of subjects appearing under "Religion": not merely the main faiths you would expect, but also subjects such as Atheism and Agnosticism, New Age, Yoga and Meditation, etc. The Jewish section includes "Oypod", and "The Avatar Professional Course" under New Age has nothing to do with Second Life! (BTW, Second Life quite naturally has its own section.)

All this just under "Religion" - there are lots of other subjects. There are no excuses for being bored anymore!...

1 comment:

Millie Gonzalez said...

I am glad that your wife was okay; how scary...