Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thing 4: Social Networking

It was good to follow the links from this activity to both of my Facebook and Linked-In presences, which I have hitherto largely ignored. I found a number of invitations to interesting groups awaiting me: a Simmons alums' group, an Educause group, and "The Library Society of the World" - so those should prove interesting. I saw that many people I know belong to each.

I also joined the Library 2.0 group Jennifer linked to in this activity's description. Although the 3 of us who are the sole staff of the library where I work each really have our hands full, I cannot help but imagine that receiving posts from these sites and expanding my personal frame of reference will have a very positive impact both immediately in my current position as I absorb new ideas and in terms of my long-term development as an information professional.

No comments: