Friday, October 24, 2008

Thing 11: You oughta be in pictures

Now Youtube I've heard of, and used. I'm certain I haven't begun to realize its full potential, as looking over the search results illustrated. With everyone in the world able to upload their lectures, performance pieces, etc - this is a fantastic example of how the internet is bringing us all together.

All of this is well-illustrated by this video from UC Berkeley of "Library 2.0" - a recent lecture by "Information Wants to be Free" blogger Meredith Farkas:



I would love to see our library use this tool to imbed instructions and other interesting videos to our website. Just for fun, here's an example of an instructional video parady many of you may have already seen - I must confess, I often feel like Ansgarr as I'm working with these new tools!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Great video,thanks for sharing it!

Jennifer Koerber said...

Oooh, a classic, and one that illustrates the point with deft humor.

What sorts of instructional videos are you considering? In-the-moment tutorials, more formal lectures and workshops or something else entirely?