Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Life with Gregory


My apologies to all for having been absent from the 26.2 activities for about a week - my nearly two-year-old son Gregory was sick (just a virus - whatever happens to be going around), and as always this really impact my wife's and my life. We each missed two days of work last week, so I have been playing catch-up ever since.

To the left is Gregory Niccolo celebrating his first birthday last November. My wife and I are both over 35 and having our first child (of two, we hope), so it has been a real adjustment. But, as all parents say, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything!

Greg is named after two relatives on my wife's side: her mother's favorite cousin "Uncle Greg" and her Grandmother's younger brother, whom Mussolini sent to Ethiopia in 1938, where he perished - along with many other Italian young men. We thus intend to honor all victims of a poverty draft, wherever they may be.

No comments: